Shazam, unlike normal music apps, is a music identifier. The way it works is the app identifies music around you and instantly plays in on your smartphone. Not only music, but you can also get lyrics of the song along with music videos.
The app is virus-free and completely free to download. While this app does not have a PC variant to it, it is available both in the Google Play Store as well as the Apple Store. You can get Shazam for Windows PC with the help of an emulator of either type. The steps for the same are elaborated below in this guide.
How to Install Shazam for Windows?
1. As this app is available in the Google Play Store, you can download it using an Android emulator. The main function of an emulator in general is to emulate the user interface of one device onto another. In this case, the user interface of an Android smartphone is replicated on your PC vis the emulator.
2. The recommended Android emulator for this purpose is BlueStacks. Needless to say, BlueStacks is currently the most downloaded Android emulator in the market. The download link to the emulator is available online on its official website. The emulator is virus-free and efficient. It can also be downloaded free of cost. As an alternative, you can also download Nox Player.
3. Once you have downloaded and installed an emulator of your choice, launch it. You will find the theme of the emulator to match that of an Android smartphone. From the home page, open up the Google Play Store.
4. As you are accessing the store for the first time from your PC, you will have to log in as a mandate. You can either use an existing Google account to log in or create a one and sign up.
5. Once you have successfully logged in to the emulator, you will get unrestricted access to browse and download the apps there. Go to the Search bar at the top of the window and search for Shazam. The app will immediately appear on your screen.
6. Click on the Install button next to the app. Shazam will be installed on the emulator. Click on the app icon to launch Shazam on your PC.
How to Install Shazam for PC (MAC)?
1. In this case, the emulator replicates the user interface of an iOS-powered device on your PC. The recommended iOS emulator for this case is iPadian. The emulator is known for its speed and is completely virus-free. It is safe to download and reliable. The download link to the iPadian is available online on the company website. As an alternative, you can also use MobiOne Studios.
2. After you have downloaded and installed an emulator of your choice, launch it. You will find the user interface of the emulator to match the interface of that of an iPhone. If not, uninstall the current emulator and repeat the steps with a new one.
3. From the home page of the emulator, open up the Apple Store. As you are accessing the store from your PC for the first time, you will have to log in as a mandate. You can either use an existing Apple account or create a new one with a simple email verification step.
4. Once inside the store, you will be able to download the apps there. Click on the Search bar at the top of the window and search for Shazam.
5. The app will immediately appear as a search result. Click on the Install button next to the app icon.
6. Shazam will be installed on your emulator. Click on the Shazam app icon to launch it.
Key Features of the Shazam App
- Shazam is a very unique application that identifies songs playing in your surroundings.
- Not only does it identify the surrounding music that is playing, but also instantly plays it on the app along with the lyrics and music video (if available).
- Alternatively, you can search for songs traditionally by searching for it on the Search Bar.
- Song playlists created in Shazam can be synced into applications like Apple Music and Spotify.
- The app can also be used to identify songs on other social media platforms like WhatsApp, YouTube, TikTok, and the like.
- Many thousands of 5-star user reviews show how efficient Shazam is. The user reviews are also indicative of the popularity of Shazam in the music community.