Want to download facetime for pc?
|Name:||Facetime for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
We have found the perfect method to use facetime app on windows pc. Keep reading this guide to know more.
Facetime brings people closer by connecting through audio and video calls across the world. Talking and sharing your cherished moments with friends and family is just a click away with Facetime.
All you need to have is an iOS-powered device. Facetime has also been included in Macbooks that allows you to make calls directly from your laptop. Facetime connects with people either through their phone numbers or Apple IDs.
Although this app is currently not available for Windows users, this guide will help you download Facetime on Windows PC as well. Follow the detailed steps below to know more about the process.
Install Facetime for Windows PC using iPadian
- As this app is only available in the Apple Store, Facetime can only be downloaded onto a Windows PC using an iOS Emulator.
- The main function of an iOS Emulator is to replicate iOS-powered processes on your computer and facilitate downloading Apple-run apps.
- The recommended iOS emulator is iPadian. The download link to the emulator is available on their website online. You can also use any other iOS emulator according to your convenience.
- After downloading the emulator, install it and set it up on your PC. On launching it, you will the interface of the emulator to be exactly like that of an iPhone. Locate the App Store icon from the emulator and open it.
- Since you are accessing the store for the first time using your PC, you will be required to log in to the store with an Apple ID. If you do not have a pre-existing account, you can register for a new one.
- After successfully logging in, go to the Search bar of the App Store and search for Facetime. Facetime will immediately appear as a search result. Install the app on your emulator
- The Facetime icon will appear on the homepage of your emulator. Launch it and start Facetiming!
Features of Facetime
- Unlike any other video calling app, Facetime connects you with a person through your phone number or Apple ID. Therefore, the person you are face-timing has to have either for it to be successful.
- As Facetime connects through phone numbers, your Facetime call logs are integrated with your phone’s call history. This makes locating contacts easier thereby making the interface more user friendly.
- Facetime has an enormous library of emojis, animojis, filters, stickers, and graphic animation that can be applied to yourself to make conversations fun and quirky!
- Up to 32 people can join a Facetime group chat at a time and you can use both front and back cameras during a Facetime call.
- You can now Facetime over a Wi-fi or cellular network without having to use up your talk time.
How to use Facetime on Mac?
- Launch FaceTime on your Mac and select ‘Turn On FaceTime’ when the opening window shows up.
- The login screen will come up next. Log in with your Apple ID. Once logged in, you can start Facetiming people.
- If you want to change the preferences set on Facetime, go to Preferences on the Menu Bar.
- Select the email ID you want to Facetime with. You can also choose whether to use your Apple ID or iPhone’s mobile data while making or receiving calls.
- Select a preferred ringtone and location and you are all set!
Alternatives to Facetime for PC
Skype – Skype is a very popular video calling app that has made its niche of users across the world. With Skype, you can make HD video calls, audio calls, or even use it as a messaging app. With SMS connect, you can also send and receive SMS bound for your phones from your Skype account.
Hangout – Developed by Google, Hangouts is a premier messaging and video calling app. The specialty of this app is that it syncs with your contact list very fast with the help of Gmail. You can add up to 150 people in a group chat and have fun with emojis and stickers.
Viber – A free and secure messaging and calling app, Viber directly syncs in contacts from either your computer or your phone and allows for a user-friendly interface. Because of end-to-end encryption, all chats and calls are secure in Viber.
Facebook Messenger – This messaging app can either be used as a stand-alone messaging portal for your phone or just a messaging app for your Facebook friends. No phone numbers are needed to connect with people over Messenger. The other person only has to have a Facebook profile! With the help of the Dark theme, you can reduce glare and save battery life!