Many people mistook Android emulators for something else. Android emulator is also called “Android simulator for pc” which a Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, and Mac program that is capable enough to run Android games and apps on your PC. There are a variety of emulators in the market after Google has improved the Android to the global level.
What is an Android Emulator or Simulator?
In simple words, Android emulator is a program that allows you to run a wide range of Android Apps on your Windows and Mac PC, which is a big deal considering the number of games and apps available on the Play store.
What’s the challenging part?
There are too many emulators which are overrated despite lacking support and slowing down your PC. We will fill that gap as we have personally used several android emulators for pc in the past and our experience goes beyond a reviewer perception. Webeeky has made a list of top 10 android emulators for Windows 10/8.1/7 and Mac.
*1 Nox App Player
Nox runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is somewhat old and outdated, then Why Nox App Player? Almost every article you find others have stopped supporting old machines, which is absurd.
Nox App Player is for two types of users,
- The primary reason for anyone to go for it because you are still using an old machine (Windows XP + Pentium 4 2.0GHz processor.)
- The requirement is also another factor, and you want to run utility apps like Whatsapp, Messenger, and other simple apps, then Nox App Player the perfect choice for you.
- How about this, we are going to give one more reason to try it? Do you know an average Android emulator for Windows file size is 200MB? Nox App Player file size is below 100MB, crazy, right?
We have given you reasonable reasons on why you should go for the Nox App Player, and now it’s your call.
Download: Nox App Player
If you want to download Nox App Player then here is the tutorial for you:
Also check out: 3DS Emulator
Never heard of it?
So do we, until we have tried it to record heavy games for Youtube. MEmu is possibly the closest software that beats other emulators in Gaming, Recording, and Functions. MEmu offers Android Jellybean, which is upgradeable after downloading additional package. The package is unique, and it should do well for Gamers.
However, it does come with one or two flaws, but no Android emulator for pc is perfect. The MEmu comes with an inbuilt Play store, which will save you time. It comes with all necessary functions and also has some unique features, which cannot be noticed until you try yourself.
*3 Remix OS Player
We have already reached to the third on the list, and we haven’t mentioned Bluestacks yet because these three are perfect for many of you and Remix OS Player is one of the fastest Android emulators that will not slow your PC-down.
Let me give you reasons, why you should go for it.
- The Remix OS Player runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, which supports 90% of the apps and games on the market.
- It does not consume much of the space and slows your PC-Down.
Marshmallow 6.0 running efficiently on your Windows and Mac under these criteria is phenomenal.
Download: Remix os Player
Now, we have Bluestacks in our list. It is one of the leading and the most popular android emulator for windows and mac pc.
It comes with power-packed features and this is the Best Android emulator available in the market for free-of-cost.
Is Bluestacks for you?
- Only those who are running Core i3 – 4th gen or above should go for Bluestacks. For AMD-processors, just the high-end should go for it.
- Bluestacks is the pioneer of Android Emulator for PC.
Now its time to tell you the downside,
- A new-generation Quad-core laptop with 4GB RAM is struggling to run the program smoothly, then old-machines forced to retire. Every update from the developers is only slowing my computer down.
GenyMotion is the only service, which is considered as a perfect alternative for Bluestacks. Now you can imagine the kind of features and functions you are going to see in the Genymotion.
The emulator is a well-pitched and has a unique way to getting a new user on board, which may not be the most friendly way.
- You have to sign up for a free account first or else, no Genymotion.
- You have to download two software, 1 – Virtual box, 2 – Genymotion, combined they are like 440MB.
Why should you get it?
- It is merely good and works smoothly on any Hyper-V (AMD) and Intel processors. Even if you have a Dual-core variant like E2810 with 2GB of RAM but make sure you have like 15GB free space in “C.”
- It comes with all essential and unique features.
Download: Geny Motion
Why choose Droid4X android emulator over others? Let me tell you.
- If you are a guy, who wants to try all rooted apps, then let me tell you it is a pre-rooted program.
- Its fast and lag is a foreign subject to the program.
- You can configure the Keyboard as a controller (for Gaming.)
- Ideal for recording the screen.
Note: The file is a 300MB+ and missing couple of features for heavy users. If you are a standard user, then go for it.
A very impressive emulator that has shut-down, why? I have mentioned “Impressive,” which has caught the eye of Google and they had to acquire it to shut it down.
Why have we listed it on 7th? And Why you should go for it?
- It runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, which equally stands with Nox App Player. But the team of developers is disbanded, which means no updates. So, you cannot expect any updates or support from the official team.
- Fast, and Superb quality. You should go for it if your requirements are similar to the Nox App player.
We would love to know your thoughts on this in the comment section.
*8 AMIDuOS by American Megatrends
To begin with the right side, it has been developed by the American Megatrends, which is cool. It lacks several things but if you are a primary user, then go for it.
It offers Android 5.1 lollipop and also provides a downgrade to Jellybean, which is a good thing.
- Remember, it doesn’t have a gamepad feature, which means gaming is not comfortable.
It doesn’t have many features, so be careful when downloading it.
Finally, we have an Android emulator that does not require VirtualBox or any third party software because it runs on Windows kernel.
Why should you go for it?
- It is a light-weight and doesn’t consume much of your space of hard drive.
- I recommend it for standard use, and you can also play games.
- If you have a dedicated graphics card, then recording a game is easy.
What do you think of Windroy, let us know in the comment section?
*10 Android Studio
This is not meant for consumer-level users, and this is for the real-time players. The Google-approved software to develop Android apps and test them for the final product outcome. Guess what, it has turned out to be the best + complex Android Emulator that can run any game or app without any issue. You will find every option in existence.
Why should you go for it?
- When you start learning how to use it, you will also learn how to develop essential apps.
- It can run anything related to the Android apps and games (You need high-end laptop or pc as well.)
- The file size is 1GB, we know its crazy but its worth it. There are so many tutorials online that will guide you through.
- Google Studio software is a finished product, which doesn’t lack anything.
Download: Android Studio
Here is the Ultimate Tutorial to Download Android Studio:
11. 3DS Emulator
If you are a gaming freak then 3ds emulator is your choice. Check out this video to know everything about 3ds Emulator:
Go On, Tell Us What You Think!
Did we miss something? Come on! Tell us what you think about our article on Best Android Emulators in the comments section.