Looking to download Garageband for pc?
You are at the right place. We have written this ultimate guide on how you can use GarageBand for windows pc.
GarageBand is one of the most advanced and technologically sophisticated music production apps in the market.
|Garageband for windows
|2 GB RAM, Dual-Core Processor
|Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP
The app is used alike by beginners and professional music producers to create studio-like music right from the interface of a smartphone. With the help of the GarageBand instrument library, you do not even need to play instruments and record it when you can get the electronic tones pre-recorded.
You can also layer tracks to bring out the greater depth in your production.
While this app is only available in the Apple Store, you can follow this guide and download GarageBand on Windows PC and laptop as well. The steps for the same are laid out below.
Download GarageBand for Windows PC
- The easiest option of downloading a garageband for PC is through an emulator. Make sure that the emulator you are using is an iOS one. Android emulators will not work in this case since GarageBand is not available in the Google Play Store.
- The emulator replicates the iOS interface on your PC and allows you to download apps thereafter on the emulator.
- The recommended iOS emulator for GarageBand is iPadian. MobiOne Studio is a good alternative. Both these emulators are widely used and reliable. The download links are available in their online resources. Having said that, you can also use any other emulator as per your convenience.
- After downloading the emulator and installing it on your PC, launch it. The user interface should resemble that of an iPhone. If not, uninstall the emulator and repeat the process with another one.
- Locate the App Store icon on the homepage of your emulator and open it. At this stage, a login screen will pop up. You will have to sign in to the store since you are using the store for the first time from your PC. If you do not have an Apple ID, you can create one instantly with a simple email verification step.
- Once inside the store, go to the search bar at the top of the window and search for GarageBand. The app will appear immediately as a search result. Click on the ‘Install’ button next to the app.
- The app will be installed in the emulator. Go to the Apps List on your emulator, locate GarageBand, and launch the app.
- GarageBand has one of the best virtual keyboards in the business. You need not worry if you do not have a MIDI keyboard with you. Use the MIDI of GarageBand to record your beats.
- The drum tones and rolls have been made to pinpoint precision. The variation in the tones is phenomenal. The drum kit can also be customized to the scale your song is in. Drum styles of several genres are also available to users such as jazz beats, funk, rock, or punk metal.
- Arpeggios and chord progression of the virtual synth can be done with a single tap on a key. There are synth tones for practically all kinds of music layers including choir effects (both male and female voice layers).
- Not only does GarageBand allow you to create professional music but also teaches you blues and jazz. There are several piano lessons on these genres that you can learn and master. Notations to several good music pieces are also available here.
- Mastering and mixing have been made easier than ever before. Rhythm and scale errors can be fixed with a click. Autotune has made life easier for singers and put vocal processor manufacturing companies out of business.
- Cutting and pasting tracks and background layers to your compilations can also be done with the help of the Import tool. Due to iCloud interconnectivity, you can add or remove tracks on GarageBand from any of your synced Apple devices.
Alternatives for GarageBand on Pc
AudioTool – AudioTool is available for Windows users and is also a very powerful app for music production. Guitar tones of AudioTool are a specialty of AudioTool.
Soundation Studio – This app is completely free and does not require any audio plugins. Soundation Studio has a shop where excellent loopers are available at discounted prices.
LMMS is an open-source workstation used widely by musicians across the spectrum.
Some other alternatives include logic pro pc, FL Studio, Music Maker Jam, and Mixcraft 7.
Go On, Tell Us What You Think!
Did we miss something? Come on! Tell us what you think about our guide on GarageBand for PC in the comments section.