Finding Logic Pro on a Windows PC sounds too good to be true.
|Name:||Logic Pro X|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
We assure you it is not as hard as it sounds. As anyone related to this field must already know Logic Pro is one of the most competent MIDI sequencers available. The application comes packed with a variety of features necessary for professional use. It ranges from software instruments, audio effects to recording facilities.
Unfortunately, despite its brilliance the app is only available on iOS devices. That does not bode well for Windows users. While that means you cannot install the app directly on any Windows PC, there is another way round. Let’s check out how to get Logic Pro for Windows PC.
Install Logic Pro for Windows PC.
As we have mentioned, you cannot install the app directly on your PC. For that you need to take the route of a virtual machine. A virtualization software will enable you to run Mac OS X, virtually on your Windows PC. Here is what you need to do:
- For the first step download a macOS HighSierra file. You will have to run this later on your virtualization software.
- After the download, search for the file in your downloads folder. Upon finding it extract the .rar file. You will need WinRar to be installed.
Downloading Virtualization Software
- The next step will be to download a virtualization software. There are many such software available like VirtualBox and Virtual Machine. Our pick would be Virtual Box as it is easier to tackle and an efficient software.
- Before you download the software, head to the PC BIOS. Over here you need to enable Virtualization first.
- You can then head over to the official site of VirtualBox to download it.
- Follow the steps in the setup file to install the software in your PC.
- After the installation, you will have to set up the Virtual Machine on your Windows PC.
Setting up Virtual Machine
- So open VirtualBOX, click on the ‘Machine’ option and then the ‘New’ option. Here you will have to enter the name of the machine and select the Mac version.
- After which select the RAM size of your PC. You need to have at least 4GB of RAM size for the software to run without any glitch.
- You will also find a Hard Disk option. Select the ‘Use an Existing Hard Disk file’. Now go ahead and click o the ‘Add’ option and choose the extracted macOS HighSierra file.
- Click on ‘Choose’ and then ‘Create’. Your Virtual Machine is now set up but is not quite ready to use just yet. You need to edit the settings of Mac OS first.
Mac OS setup
- Go to the settings tab in the Virtual Machine that you created. First click on the ‘System Settings’ and then on ‘Motherboard’ tab and uncheck ‘Floppy’ and ‘Network’ options.
- Click on ‘Processor’ next. Here select CPU as half of your machine’s processor.
- After this go the ‘Screen’ tab in ‘Display’ settings and set the Video Memory as 128 MB. Click on OK to ensure that the changes have been saved.
- After that is taken care of, find the CMD tool from start menu and choose ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Now replace the “Machine Name” in the Virtual Machine and enter the following code.
cd “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\”
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “Machine Name” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “iMac11,3”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1
- Your Setup is almost over now. Just install the macOS on your device. Follow the instructions and sign in .
- Now finally download the Logic Pro app from the App Store. Install the app in your device and run it. There should not be any problems when using the app now.
As you can see installing Logic Pro on Windows PC can be a bit complicated. So to ensure smooth running of the app, it would be better to check whether your device meets the following requirements.
- You need to have the latest version of Windows installed in your device. The app will function just fine on Windows 8 and above with 64-bit. While Windows 7 also supports the app, your computer might become sluggish after installing it.
- Ensure you have WinRar installed in your device.
- The app requires a minimum of 4 GB of RAM space and a Dual Core Processor like Intel Core Duo or AMD X2. However a multi core processor will be an even better fit.
- Other requirements will be a Mac OS file and virtualization software.
Features of Logic Pro
Despite an arduous installation process, the app is worth every bit the hardship. It carries great features which are beneficial for beginners as well as professionals. It does a lot more than just cutting, trimming and joining audios.
- The app is more advanced than most other DAWs. It has a Live Mode that allows you to run over 30 plug-ins. And its multithreading live tracks improves the performance of CPU while processing live channels.
- The app now remembers your work. It has an auto save option now. So the next time you visit it the app will automatically remember your settings and the content.
- The app also has the desirable feature of letting you record and edit an audio. So you no longer need a separate app to perform that function.
- You also get new lanes from ‘Lane Set up’. This is a massive help when editing.
- Logic Pro has a brilliant metronome feature that generates beat accents based on your beat groupings.
- You have the new Loop Browser that displays a variety of content to choose from.
- Get the option to hide empty tracks, export or bounce tracks all with a click.
Apps like Logic Pro
If you feel Logic Pro is a bit too much, then opt for Audacity. The app is available for Windows OS which means installation won’t be a problem. Considering its features, the app is also a very good substitute you might try. It is free to download and provides you with a multitude of features. You can record or edit a sound from your computer. It is easy to handle and gives great results.
It is another iOS option to choose from. GarageBand is a reliable DAW that is used widely around the globe. The app has a large library of a host of music to choose from. You can mix your sounds or polish them. It allows you to export a track and has a powerful interface that you will find to be accessible and interactive.
Use Ardour to record your sound, mix it, or trim it. The app is available on both iOs and Windows platforms. And there is nowhere you can go wrong with this app. It is a convenient tool to use that makes editing easy. You use it for a bunch of other functions as well.