Developed by Apple, iMovie is considered to be one of the most advanced and sophisticated movie editors in the industry currently. The innumerable trailer templates and video effect presets make iMovie stand out of the crowd and make its niche. You can shoot videos directly onto iMovies and start editing.
|Name:||iMovie for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
While iMovie is an Apple-only smartphone application, this does not mean Windows users will be slighted out. iMovie can be downloaded on your PC irrespective of the operating system being used, with the help of an iOS emulator. The steps for the same are elaborated below.
iMovie for Windows PC
1. As iMovie is only available as an Apple-only smartphone application, an iOS emulator is a must if you want to download it on your PC. The main function of an emulator in general is to replicate the user interface of one device onto another. An iOS emulator specifically replicates the interface of an iOS-powered device on your PC.
2. The recommended iOS emulators for this purpose are iPadian and MobiOne Studios. You can use either of the two. The download links to the emulators are available on their websites respectively. Both emulators are fast and virus-free. User reviews back their performance stats. You can also download any other emulator as per your convenience. Make sure the emulator is an iOS variant and virus-free.
3. After you have downloaded and installed an emulator of your choice, launch it. The user interface of the emulator must resemble that of an iPhone as mentioned above. If not, uninstall the current emulator and repeat the steps with a new one.
4. From the home page of the emulator, open up the Apple store. As you are accessing the Apple Store for the first time from your PC, you will have to mandatorily log in. Here, you can either use an existing Apple ID or create a new one. All you need to do is make an Apple account and verify its details with the app store.
5. Once you have successfully logged in to the store, you will get unrestricted access to download and browse the apps there. Go to the Search bar at the top of the window and search for iMovie.
6. The iMovie smartphone application will immediately appear on your screen as a search result. Click on the Install button next to the app. iMovie will be downloaded and installed on the emulator.
7. Click on the app icon from your emulator to launch the app and enjoy editing your movies.
Key Features of iMovie for pc
- iMovie is especially known for its beautiful trailer templates. In collaboration with some of the top filmmakers and music producers with iMovie, you can integrate readymade trailer templates along with some of their original background scores in your trailers or short films.
- The trailers have options for including your branding, your cast, crew, and other opening and ending credits.
- What makes iMovie so easily approachable to users as a robust video editor is its user-friendly interface. When you are shooting a video, you can directly import the tracks to iMovie right from your gallery.
- iMovie offers users 8 unique and exquisite video themes to choose from. Alternatively, you can customize your theme as well. Standard video editing features like stickers, adding text, slow motion, fast forward, and adding background music are all available in iMovie.
- If you are choosing background music from the iMovie library, the tracks adjust themselves to fit the entire length of the video you are making.
- iMovie becomes easier to use when a keyboard is used to edit. Keyboard shortcuts for various actions can be set.
- Being an Apple app, iCloud and AirDrop features can be used to easily share iMovie Projects among various connected Apple devices.
- The export quality of iMovie goes up to 1080p60 and 4k. Therefore, you can export videos in any quality as per your requirement.
- Videos can be shared easily through Google Drive links, or via iCloud.
Apps and Software similar to iMovie for Windows
A strong competitor of iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro services are top-notch. On the more sophisticated side, Adobe Premiere Pro is better liked by professional editors. However, the interface is a perfect fit for beginners as well. There are several thousand videos and audio effects that will make your video come to life.
A popular video editor among Youtubers and the like, the interface is much simpler compared to iMovie and Adobe Premiere. The free version has limited features but with an in-app subscription payment, you can discover so much more with KineMaster.