Google Home for pc provides users the perfect solution to make that leap to a smart home to its truest sense. Google Home is an all in one application that connects with your Google Devices like Google Home, Google Nest, as well as smart interior decors like light bulbs, CCTV cameras, door locks, and much more.
Once you sync the devices with the app, you can control them whenever you are sharing a common network. Although this app does not have a PC version to it, it can be easily downloaded on one with the help of an emulator. The steps to download Google Home App for PC are below:
Download Google Home for Windows 10/8/7
1. As this smartphone application is available in the Google Play Store, it can be downloaded on your PC using an Android emulator. The main function of an emulator is to replicate the user interface of one device onto another. In this case, the user interface of an Android-powered smartphone is replicated on your PC.
2. The recommended Android emulator here is BlueStacks. It is the most downloaded emulator currently in the industry. The download link to the emulator is available online on the BlueStacks official webpage. The emulator is virus-free and free to download. As an alternative, you can also download the Nox Player.
3. Once you have downloaded and installed an emulator of your choice, launch it. The user interface of the emulator should resemble that of an Android smartphone as mentioned above.
4. From the home page, open up the Google Play Store. As you are accessing the Play Store from your PC for the first time, you will have to mandatorily login. Here you can either use an existing Google account or create a new one and register. For a new account, all you need to do is verify a working email.
5. After you have successfully logged in to the store, you will get unrestricted access to browse and download the apps there. From the Search bar at the top of the window, search for Google Home.
6. The app will instantly appear as a search result. Click on the Install button next to the app. Google Home will be downloaded and installed on the emulator.
Download Google Home for Mac PC
1. Google Home can also be downloaded using an iOS emulator as this app is available in the Apple Store. In this case, the iOS emulator emulates the user interface of an iOS-powered device on your PC.
2. The recommended emulator for downloading Google Home is iPadian or MobiOne Studios. Both emulators are completely virus-free, efficient, and reliable. The download links to the emulators are available on their respective company websites. You can also download any other emulator of your choice as long as it is virus-free and does not infect your PC.
3. After you have installed an iOS emulator, launch it. The user interface of the emulator will look exactly like that of an iPhone.
4. From the home page, open up the Apple Store. As you are accessing the Apple Store from your PC for the first time, you will be directed to a login page. You can either use an existing Apple ID or create a new one with a simple email verification step.
5. Once inside the store, you will be able to download the apps there. Go to the Search tab at the top of the screen and search for Google Home.
6. Google Home app will appear instantly on your screen. Click on the Install button next to the app. It will be downloaded and installed on your PC. Launch it and control your Google assistants.
Key Features of Google Home for PC
· The Google Home smartphone application acts as a remote controller for Google Home and similar devices offered by Google. These include the Google Nest and Chromecast devices.
· Along with that, the Google Home app also lets users control other synchronizable devices like lights, thermostats, survey cameras, door locks, and much more.
· Users also have the option of syncing voice assistants like Google Assistant to the app. By doing so, voice commands can be used to perform actions like switching light bulbs on or off.
· The dashboard of the app also shows all active streams on connected media devices, be it audio or video. Options like volume, or moving on to the next or previous track in line can be controlled from the Google Home app.
How to Sync Devices to the Google Home App?
1. After you have downloaded the app and installed synchronizable devices in your homes, launch Google Home.
2. On the top left corner, you will notice an add button in the form of a ‘plus’ sign. Click on that sign to add new devices.
3. Thereafter, click on ‘Search for Available Devices’. If your devices are connected to the common wi-fi network, it will show here.
4. Click on ‘Sync’ beside every device name that pops up on your screen.
5. Once the devices have been synced, you will be able to control their activities from the app.
Go On, Tell Us What You Think!
Did we miss something? Come on! Tell us what you think about our guide to download Google Home for PC in the comments section.