This application is by Google and it was released in 2013. It was formerly known as Google Cast.
It is like the centre of control for all your devices and it allows users to control and manage all their devices and appliances on a single screen by using either Chromecast or through their wifi network.
The app makes it easier for people to be able to have access to their devices in a customized way where the application also works with the devices and acts as an assistant.
- The app allows users to have control over their smart home. One app is all that is necessary to control all the physical Google smart devices that a user may have to make the process of using them much easier and quicker.
- It has a search feature which is useful for finding different kinds of videos and other content.
- It gives you shortcuts and allows you to access devices and improve and enhance the setup of your home.
- You can create and set up routines and get a great experience from how versatile and efficient the products are. You can easily manage the devices by designating the time or place that certain devices can work through the app so that it is tailored to the user’s needs.
- You can enable guest mode to let other people use the devices and Google Home without giving them full control over the application or access to your WiFi network.
- Chromecast enabled apps can easily help users browse through content.
- You can control the location settings as well as your default settings with the application.
- Devices can be synced quickly with a few steps where lights, air conditioning, thermostats, home appliances can be easily managed all at once.
System Requirements –
- Your computer should have an Operating System which has Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Mac OS X.
- You should have at least 4 GB storage space available.
- Make sure that there is 2 GB RAM storage.
- The application can work on any processor but it is better if the processor is at least Intel Core i3 or AMD (1001).
- You should have administrative access to the computer that the application is going to be downloaded on.
The app is only available on Android and iOS mobiles at the moment but we can easily download the application on our PC by following these instructions.
Download Google Home for PC (Windows) –
- In order to download Google Home on our Windows computer, we will need to use an emulator. An emulator is a software or hardware which allows one computer system to replicate another one.
- In this case we will be using Bluestacks to download the application on our PC.
- Go to the BlueStacks official website and download the latest version of the app player which shows up.
- You will have to open BlueStacks after it gets downloaded on the computer and make sure that you sign in with your Google account.
- Open the Playstore through BlueStacks and search for Google Home.
- To Install Google Home once you find it, click on the app and wait for it to finish downloading.
- Once it is finished, go to the All Apps section and check for the application and open it to use.
Download Google Home on Mac PC
- To download Google Home on a Mac, we will be using the Nox emulator.
- We can download the Nox App player from its official website which we can find using the internet.
- Download the latest version of Nox and wait for it to finish downloading.
- Once it is finished, open the Nox Player and sign in to your Google account. This will help users easily download Google Home and many other different applications as well.
- Open the Playstore through the Nox emulator and look for the application.
- When the search results come up, click on the app and press install.
- Wait for it to finish installing and once it is complete, you can easily navigate and find the app in All Apps section or by searching for it.
- Open the app after it is done and you’re all set to use it on your Mac.
Other Alternative Apps –
- This is a Java based automation software which brings together multiple smart home platforms integrated with technology to give users an easy solution to be able to access all their devices with one simple app.
- The app was released in 2010 and lets people control their devices with commands or simple rules which trigger certain instructions to be able to automate the entire smart home.
- It is a free software which anyone can use that works with any operating system.
- It has over 13000 registered users in its community.
- This is an application which works on the concept of the Internet of Things (IOT) where the focus is on building automation, smart homes, process automation, data logging and many other factors which are utilised and taken into consideration.
- It has unique graphics and provides great user interface which makes it easy to use.
- The thermostat, lights and other features are automated.
- The app runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, ARM, PC and Raspberry Pi.
- The community has been growing for a while now and the app’s has gained a lot of support.
- There are over 361 systems which can be connected.
- This is an application for Apple devices where users can safely control all of their home appliances from their Apple device. It makes controlling and accessing Homekit accessories quite easy.
- It has been introduced by Apple.
- There are over a hundred brands from all over the world which support this application and are compatible with this framework.
- It is very secure and is regulated by Apple to ensure that users are given a safe and secure experience with this application to be able to set up and control their appliances from one location.
- You can set commands to provide instructions to the app on what to do with certain devices and at what time certain things are supposed to be set automatically.
- A good wifi network and Apple devices are all you need to use this app.
- You can set your home on autopilot as the app takes care of everything.