Canon Inc is a Japanese company. It has a range of the world’s most loved Cameras. The joy of the pictures clicked by a Canon camera is matchless. For exporting those pictures, we need good software. Today, we shall learn how to install the latest Canon application for your PC. You can transfer all your pictures with just one click.
The Canon app for PC is called the EOS utility. The current version can be installed only on Windows. It is available on the Google Play Store only. It is not available on the Apple App Store. Hence, we can install the latest version on a Windows laptop for free.
|File Name||EOS Utility|
|Processor requirement||Intel Pentium 1.6 GHz and above|
|Memory||2 GB and above|
|Screen resolution||1024 x 768|
|Compatibility||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10|
|Publisher||Canon Inc. Official|
|File size||124 MB|
Key features of Canon EOS application
The version is 3.10.30 released in 2019. Further updates are expected from Canon for the software. Updates might include new features to simplify the utility for your Canon camera. Some of the existing features of the Canon EOS Utility are as follows:
- Communicate remotely with your EOS Digital camera from the PC itself
- High speed transfer for all your images and video to your PC Hard drive
- Change camera settings remotely from your PC
- Connect to your Canon Camera and Shoot pictures remotely from your PC
Please check the model number of your Canon camera in the list given on the official Canon EOS Utility website. Your camera is compatible with the software, only if the model number is mentioned in the list.
Steps to Download Canon app for PC EOS Utility on your Windows
With this comprehensive step-by-step guide you can download Canon EOS Utility for PC without any hassle. Follow these steps:
- Go to https://in.canon/en/support/0200593502/1
- Click on the “Download” button
- A file, sized around 124 MB, will be downloaded to your PC
- The version number is 3.10.30 (as on date August 2020)
- Check the supported devices on the canon website link in Step 1
- Extract the Zip file into its folder
- Double click “Install set W3.10.30” and run the file
- User Account Control window will appear and follow the on-screen instructions
- The tool will prompt you to install 3 other tools like EOS utility 2, EOS Lens Registration and EOS Web service registration
- Once the installation is finished, close all the windows and restart the computer
- Once the computer restarts, clear the recycle bin and refresh your desktop
- Run the shortcut created on the desktop of Canon EOS Utility
- Sign in with your Canon account credentials
- You might need to enter the Serial number of your Canon camera so keep it nearby
- Turn off “Automatic updates” in the Settings menu
- Set your Default download folder for transferring your photos from your Camera
- Read the Disclaimer for legal use policy
The Canon EOS Utility is not available on the Apple App Store. Hence, it can be used only on a Windows PC.
Alternatives to Canon app for PC EOS Utility
There are some alternatives to the Canon app for your PC. But these alternatives are for other devices. In case you do not like the Official Canon EOS Utility app, you can explore the following apps:
Canon Camera Connect
A handy software tool that can download all the images and video directly to your hand-held device. It can rapidly transfer the content to a smartphone or tablet. This will free up the storage on your Canon camera.
It acquires the location and wifi connection from your smartphone (Also possible with a Bluetooth or NFC connection). You can remotely click pictures with your camera using your smartphone.
This Android application can be installed on your Android smartphone. It can backup your photos and videos to the cloud. The backup is stored for 30 days before which you can download them on to your Smartphone, Tablet, or PC.
You can also connect them to third party services and applications. This will automatically forward all your images to these services. This will save all your pictures even if you forget to download them within 30 days.
Snapbridge is an application developed by Nikon, enabling the user to share photos taken by their Nikon camera via email or social media platforms just as they would with their smartphone. Connect your Nikon camera to the application and download photos directly to your smart device.
Go On, Tell Us What You Think!
Did we miss something? Come on! Tell us what you think about our guide to download Canon app for PC in the comments section.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.