SnapBridge is an app by Nikon which can be used to share your videos and photos across to various devices by syncing them.
After you install the app and click pictures or record videos, they will immediately be sent to your phone and computer as long as they are within a good range or distance.
Your photos and videos will sync while they have been kept away or when you aren’t utilising them. The SnapBridge app uses bluetooth which ensures a constant connection is kept steadily.
It may switch between bluetooth or WiFi while transferring videos and pictures across devices.
Download Snapbridge for Windows PC
- To download SnapBridge on our PC, we will need to use an emulator. An emulator is a software or hardware which allows one computer system or program to replicate or copy another one.
- The emulator that we will be using is BlueStacks. It can be downloaded directly from the official website. Ensure that you download the latest version of the emulator on your PC.
- Once it has been installed, run the emulator and sign in to your Google account. Go to the PlayStore through the emulator in order to download the application.
- Search for SnapBridge in the search engine provided and wait for the results to load.
- Once the application is shown in the results, click on it and install it.
- Wait for it to finish being installed and open the application and use it after the download is complete.
Download SnapBridge on PC (Mac)
- To download SnapBridge on a Mac we will use the help of the Nox Emulator.
- We can easily download the latest version of the emulator from its official website.
- After downloading the emulator on the PC, you need to sign in to your Google account to be able to access the Google PlayStore to download apps.
- Go to the PlayStore and search for the application that you want to download, using the search bar.
- Wait for the results to load after that and click on SnapBridge to install it.
- Once the application is downloaded on your Mac, you can easily open it and start using SnapBridge.
- You can use the live view feature on your mobile phone or any other device while being connected to your camera to click various pictures and take videos by using your other devices to control and easily manage it.
- This app allows you to take different kinds of pictures which may vary from any kind like single to continuous shots.
- You are provided with various different modes available such as, adjusting the ISO, aperture and shutter speed of the camera which is connected to your device.
- You can control your Nikon camera from your phone very easily.
- It provides fast and efficient transfers of photos with a size of 2 megapixels.
- SnapBridge makes sure that there is low power consumption and saves battery usage of the device.
- The app has free cloud backup storage for the images and videos that have been stored and saved in the Nikon image space given.
- You can use your GPS and provide your location to keep a record of the date and time to ensure accurate information is always taken.
System Requirements –
The camera’s firmware has to be upgraded to the latest version so that the application can easily sync with the device without any delays or issues.
Alternatives to Snapbridge PC
FUJIFILM Camera Remote
FUJIFILM Camera Remote is an application developed and launched by FUJIFILM. This application is designed to work as a remote control that can operate on wireless-equipped cameras. It can shoot images, as well as to view pictures and movies.
The user can transfer clicked images and videos on the camera to their smartphone with the help of this application. A firmware update is now supported with the help of your smart devices.
Canon Camera Connect
Canon Camera Connect Is an application developed by Canon Inc. to transfer images shot by compatible Canon devices to your smartphone or tablet devices. You can move and save pictures to your smartphone from a Canon Camera as well remote shoot with a live view of the image with this application by connecting it to a camera with Wifi or Bluetooth support. Your smart device would require a Bluetooth 4.0 or higher to be able to use this application. The application has support for Android 5.0 onwards and iOS 11.4/12.4/13.3, iPadOS 13.3.
GoPro: Video Editor and Movie Maker
An application developed by GoPro, this application allows the user to offload their latest HERO and 360 footage and start creating instantly. You can capture shots from places that can not be reached as you can control your GoPro camera from a distance while you observe the footage with the smart device in your hand.
View your images and videos right on your smartphone before you decide the ones you want to transfer. The unique feature of this application allows the user to edit and glorify their images/videos as soon as they are transferred.
This is an app which provides a platform which is used to control any kind of camera ranging from Canon, Nikon or Sony as well.
It uses the Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) and PTP/IP protocol to establish a connection with the DSLR camera which is being used.
It supports multiple DSLR connections at once. You will need to use a USB OTG cable to connect your device as well.