Doom II was one of the classic games of the 90s. Much before the age of modern computers, it was launched for MS-DOS devices. But the subsequent release of its source code, earlier this decade has made it possible to play the game even on PC.
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
A fast paced, shooter game, you return back to Earth after escaping Mars. But your planet is in a state which is far from ideal. The first game of the series was an unmitigated success. And Doom II lives up to the expectation of the series. Although released a long time back, the game has received several updates through the years. And it might turn out to be a wholesome nostalgic treat when playing it.
Gameplay of Doom 2
Doom II had brilliant gameplay. It could be played in single-player as well as multiplayer modes. The game is compatible with every version of Windows across a third party source. So that you can play the game with your friends or players online.
Fans of Doom must have seen the similarity in the visuals of the two games. That was because the developers were invested more heavily to improve the gaming side of things. With the levels being much more complicated than the previous game of the series.
Players will need to find their way out of every level. That won’t be easy with scores of demons waiting for him. But the game presents the opportunity to use a wide array of new weapons to blast past them. Complete each level to win a bonus for earning better equipment. Beware the paths are never linear. That can often lead you to places where you do not want to be. Doom II also has a fine mix of various villains waiting for you. Some can be skirted off easily. But it is always difficult to get past the Boss villains in the game.
Features of the game
Doom II is a classic game. You can find in it everything that is missing in the games of this generation.
- One of the game’s best features is how invested it makes you. Doom II has more than 32 levels to overcome. The game is difficult as the villains are elusive. You can often find yourself in front of the screen, trying to get past a Boss villain.
- The game further makes an improvement with the world it stitches together. There are numerous monsters in the updated game. And with it an even greater number of weapons to defeat them.
- The game has that retro interface which you won’t find today. The movements are not fluid yet and have a charm to them. Which is always a win for any 90s kid.
- It is highly immersive. The gameplay is not difficult at all. It can be picked up easily. And the no nonsense action can act as a great stress relief.
- In spite of its long span, the creators have kept most of the aspects of the game similar. So that you will already know what is awaiting you.
Before you get going, check out the requirements of the game. They are basic and won’t need to be a cause for any hindrance.
- The updated game is compatible with every version of Windows Operating Systems. However it will be preferable to play the game on Windows 7 or above.
- A multi core processor is now a normalcy in modern devices. And the game would perform seamlessly on devices with AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ or Intel Core 3 processor.
- Doom II requires at least 2 GB of RAM and around 1 GB of space free on the hard drive.
Doom 2 Download Latest Method
For a smooth and safe download, use the following method.
- Firstly, you will have to get the zipped file for Doom II. The game is still quite popular and you would be able to find it without much difficulty.
- The download should begin automatically. Find the zipped file in the downloads folder and extract it to the folder of your choice.
- After the extraction, install the game. Double click on the .exe file to begin installation.
- Accept the terms and conditions and follow along with the steps. Once installed click on Finish and Doom II should be ready on your device.
Alternatives of Doom II
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is one of the best FPS of all time. Jump into the hyper realistic world of shooting as the game sets itself up on the background of real life events. The equipment used in the game is in sync with ones used by modern military forces. Take the fight on air, land and sea and prevent the world from Doom’s Day
The game is ideal to play with your squad. Fight against powerful opposition where your every move counts. The game is extremely hard and fair as well. It mimics the real world shooting experience where a single wrong step can perish you. The game rewards patience and precision, which is exactly what you need.
Call of Duty
This was the game that created one of the best action game franchises. The classic game takes players to the horrific battlefields of WWII. From surviving the Luftwaffe to Panzers the game captures the entire experience of the War. Slide between multiple characters all trying to fight their way out of this chaos. There is just one advice, never stop shooting.