All of us at some point or the other have been hooked to fantasy video games. Pathbuilder is an app that defines how a character will be made and its traits in the Path Finder Role Playing Game.
|Windows (All Versions)
|Checked – Virus Free
Pathbuilder is crucial to the game as characters will showcase skill sets as inputted there. From the appearance of a player to its combat skills, all such features can be controlled in the Pathbuilder application. Once done, the character can either be exported directly onto the game or a PDF character sheet with traits written down in designated spaces. This is an Android-only app but it does not mean Apple users will be slighted out. Follow the steps below to install the app on any PC and play Pathfinder.
Download Pathbuilder for PC
1. As this application is available in the Google Play Store only, an Android emulator has to be used for the download process. Downloading an iOS emulator will not help in this case due to the app’s unavailability in the Apple Store.
2. The main function of an emulator under any circumstance is to replicate system processes and user interface of one system onto the other. This enables apps and processes of the former system to run on the latter. In this case, the Android smartphone user environment is replicated on your PC. Pathbuilder, along with other Android apps, can be thereafter downloaded on the emulator.
3. The recommended Android emulators are BlueStacks and Nox Player. While BlueStacks is arguably the most popular Android emulator in the market, Nox Player also has a very good reputation in the emulator niche. Both emulators are virus-free and efficient. The download links to these emulators are available online on their official websites respectively. You can also use any other alternative of your choice.
4. Once you have downloaded and installed the emulator on your PC, launch it. You will find that the user interface of the emulator resembles that of an Android smartphone. If not, uninstall the current emulator and repeat the steps with a new one.
5. Go to the home page of the emulator and open up Google Play Store. As you are accessing the store for the first time from your PC, you will be directed to a login page. This step is mandatory. You can either use an existing Gmail account or create a new one with a simple email verification step.
6. Once you have successfully logged in to the store, you will get unrestricted access to browse and download the apps there. Go to the search bar at the top of the window and search for Pathbuilder. Both versions of the app, Pathbuilder 1e, and Pathbuilder 2e, are available in the store. Search for the one you want to download.
7. The app will instantly appear as a search result. Click on the Install button next to the app. Pathbuilder will be downloaded and installed on your PC. Click on the app icon on the emulator to launch it.
Key Features of the Pathbuilder application
- Pathbuilder, as mentioned above, helps design your favorite fantasy characters for the Pathfinder Fantasy Role Playing Game.
- All aspects of your player along with its game style can be decided upon by selecting attributes and their quantities in Pathbuilder.
- Character appearances and their dresses (gear included) can also be customized.
- In the combat section, subcategories like Attack, Defense, and Skill have been made. All options have to drop-down menus better describing each sub-category and its attributes.
- Other options such as your player’s Class, Ancestry, Background, Heritage, Ancestry Feat, and Class Feat can also be set from drop-down menus.
- With more skill training, the character will develop better tactics for combat.
- Once your character has been made, you can either export the character as a PDF with its skillset or directly export it on Pathfinder and start using the character in your game.
Applications similar to Pathbuilder
- PCGen is an app similar in function to Pathbuilder. It works with Starfinder and assists in building characters with special traits.
- The 20 – RPG Companion App works best if you want to create demons and dragons in your fantasy games. A digital sheet keeps meticulous track of all character developments.