Backyard Baseball is a video game which was created in the year 1997. It was published and developed by Humongous Entertainment, Inc.
The game was released in the United States for Windows and Macintosh. This is a game which lets you feel like a kid again and look back at all those childhood memories of baseball. The game has been designed in a very eye-catching way where players can get the best experience from it. You can easily customize the characters and compete in baseball tournaments.
- In the game, players can choose from different fields like the sandlot, the rich kid’s backyard and the urban parking lot. Pitchers can throw pitches such as the “Crazy ball” and the “Elevator”. The ambience which is provided also adds to the overall effect of the game.
- There are 30 neighbourhood kids that the player can choose from and as the game progresses, players can easily unlock and gain access to more professional players such as Randy and Barry Bonds.
- Players can compete against opponents by playing an exhibition game or a 14, 16 or 32 game season which is followed by the “Backyard Baseball League” playoffs. This contains the American League and National League divisional series and the AL and NL championship series. The final game is the “Backyard Baseball World Series”.
- There are different modes that the player can choose to play in, such as Single Game, Batting Practice, Spectator and Season Game.
- The game has various kinds of power-ups which are available such as the batting and pitching power-ups that have been introduced.
- The game has great cartoonish visuals and the quality which is offered makes the game very impressive and entertaining for players. There is a 3D environment which is present.
- Players can choose from an assortment of different characters that are available and the animations provided are very smooth.
- There are splendid special effects in the game that come along while players activate a power-up.
- Every character can be personalized and they have their own theme music which corresponds to their personality in the game.
- The game’s difficulty is set at a medium as it keeps players from getting bored too easily.
- You can play this game with your friends by using the multiplayer mode that is available.
- The controls are quite easy to handle and anyone can learn the basics and get started with playing this game quickly.
How to Download Backyard Baseball PC?
- The first step is to download the video game emulator which is called ScummVM.
- Save the emulator to your desktop or anywhere which is personally convenient for you on your PC.
- Download the file for Backyard Baseball which can be easily found on the internet.
- Click to open the zip file that is available and ensure that a folder which is called Backyard Baseball 2001 opens up on your Windows PC.
- Open the ScummVM emulator and click the “add game” option that comes up. Search to find the Backyard Baseball game and click choose when you see it.
- You should see a screen which shows up that asks you for your ID, Name, Language and Platform. Once that comes up, press ok and select the game in order to start playing.
System Requirements –
- Ensure that your PC has a Windows Operating System of versions which can be from Windows 95/98/ME/XP/Vista/7. This is for 32 bit versions only.
- If you are using a Mac the Operating System required should be Apple MacOS 7.5.3.
- You should have a minimum of 16 to 32 MB RAM which is available.
- The minimum hard drive space that is necessary is 6 MB.
Alternative Games –
Big Win Baseball –
- This is a sports game which has been made for single-players and multi-players. It allows you to create your own dream team by choosing from various characters and competing against a variety of other teams.
- You are rewarded with points that allow you to boost your players skills.
- Players can earn coins, level up and customize the team according to their style.
- You can oppose silver, gold and bronze cards to boost skills and the team’s performance.
Major League Baseball 2k7 –
- This is a sports video game which is a single and multiplayer game developed by Kush Games. The game comes with a batter and pitcher which lets you enjoy playing from your pick out of stadiums, players and teams as though you were playing for real.
- The player has to earn as many scores as possible by making home runs and knocking the other out of the park.
- It has great gameplay, good mechanics and cool features.
Baseball Simulator 1000 –
- This is a video game which can be played in both single-player and multiplayer mode. It was created and published by Culture Brain.
- The game has four different leagues which are available. Two of them are normal while the third one offers ultra league and the fourth is up to the player to form his own league from the combination of ultra and normal teams.
- Every player gets unique abilities, characteristics and other special features.