Arlo App provides a smart solution for your homes by providing devices that can be controlled from a smartphone. Arlo provides users with the much-required security that is required to safeguard places of interest from third-party infiltrations.
Arlo CCTV cameras are one of the best in the business and can be controlled from the Arlo smartphone app. While there is no official PC version to Arlo, it can be downloaded on a PC using an emulator. Detailed steps to the process are laid out below in this guide.
|Name:||Arlo App for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
Install Arlo App for PC (Windows)
1. As this app is available in the Google Play Store, you can download it using an Android emulator. The main function of an emulator is to replicate the interface of one device onto another. In this case, the user interface of an Android-powered smartphone is replicated on your PC. This allows smartphone applications to run on your PC.
2. The recommended Android emulator is BlueStacks. It is the most downloaded emulator currently and is known to be extremely fast. Over a few million user reviews are giving it a 5-star rating. The download link to BlueStacks is available online on its company website. As an alternative, you can also download and use Nox Player. Any other functional emulator should yield the same result.
3. After you have downloaded and installed an emulator of your choice, launch it. As mentioned before, the user interface of the emulator should match that of an Android smartphone. From the home age of the emulator, open up the Google Play Store.
4. You will be instantly directed to a login page. As you are accessing the store from your PC for the first time, logging in is compulsory. Here you can either use an existing Gmail account or create a new one with a simple email verification step.
5. Once inside the store, you will get unrestricted access to download and browse the apps there. Go to the Search bar at the top of the window and search for the Arlo app.
6. As the app appears on your screen as a search result, click on the Install button next to it. Arlo will be downloaded on your emulator. Click on the app icon to launch it.
Install Arlo App for MAC PC
1. Since Arlo is available in the Apple Store as well, an iOS emulator can also be used to download the app. In this case, the emulator emulates the user interface of an iOS powered device.
2. The recommended iOS emulators are iPadian and MobiStudios. Both emulators are free to download and virus-free. The download links to the emulators are available online on their respective company websites. Any other functional emulator should also serve the purpose.
3. After you have downloaded and installed the emulator of your choice, launch it. You will find the interface of the emulator should resemble that of an iPhone exactly. Use a new emulator if that is not the case.
4. From the home page of the emulator, open up the Apple Store. As you are accessing the store from your PC for the first time, you will have to mandatorily log in. Here you can either use an existing Apple account to create a new one and register.
5. Once inside the store, you will be able to download the apps there. Go to the Search tab at the top of the window and search for the Arlo app.
6. Arlo will instantly appear on your screen as a search result. Click on the Install button next to the app. Arlo will be installed on your emulator. Tap on the app icon to open it up.
Key Features of Arlo
- While Arlo manufactures a variety of products like smart doorbells, automated door locks, camera floodlights, lightbulbs, and much more, CCTV cameras are the most popular out of the lot.
- Arlo cameras are weatherproof and extremely sturdy.
- High-end CCTV camera models are equipped with night vision for better sight in low-lit areas.
- All cameras have motion sensors attached. Whenever a camera detects unwanted motion in its frame of sight, a notification alert is sent to the app to keep you aware of the situation.
- If you opt for wired cameras, Arlo has the option of flexible wires that save the hassle of entanglement. Otherwise, wireless products are also available in the Arlo store.
How to Use Arlo Products?
1. It is a simple 3 step process from start to finish. After you have bought the Arlo product you want to use, install it in your home and download the Arlo App on your device.
2. Switch on the device after plugging it in. Open up the app and go to Available Devices.
3. The app will start searching for nearby devices. Once the product appears on the screen, click on the Sync button next to it. If you want to sync more devices to the app, simply repeat the process with each one. After syncing the products with the app, you can control them from the app dashboard.