Known as a breakthrough app in recent times, Grindr is the first dating/social networking smartphone application for gay, bisexual, transsexual, and queer across the world. Like other dating apps, Grindr matches you up with other LGBTQ members who are currently online and near you.
The app is completely free to download and has several in-app exclusive members-only content that enhances user experiences even more. One of its kind, Grindr is currently only available in the Google Play Store and the Apple Store. However, you can download it on your PC using an emulator.
Install Grindr for PC
1. As the Grindr app is available in the Apple Store, it can be downloaded on your PC using an iOS emulator. The main function of an emulator in general is to duplicate the user interface of one system on to another. This allows apps of the former device to run on the latter. In this case, the user interface of an iOS device is replicated on your device.
2. While there are many good iOS emulators out there in the market, the recommended ones are iPadian and MobiOne Studios. Both these emulators are very fast and reliable. User reviews also back up their performance statistics. The download links to the emulators are available on their official websites online.
3. Once you have downloaded and installed an emulator of your choice, launch it. The user interface of the emulator will resemble that of an iPhone. If not, uninstall the emulator and repeat the steps with a new one.
4. From the home page of the emulator, launch the Apple Store icon. You will be immediately directed to a login page as you are accessing the app for the first time from your PC. Here, you can either use an existing Apple account to log in or create a new one.
5. Once you have successfully signed in to the store, you will get unrestricted access to browse and download the apps there. Go to the search bar at the top of the window and search for Grindr.
6. The app will immediately appear on your screen. Click on the Install button next to the app. Grindr will be downloaded and installed on your PC.
How to Install Grindr for Windows PC?
1. In this case, the emulator you download will replicate the user interface of an Android smartphone on your PC.
2. The recommended Android emulator for this purpose is BlueStacks. It is currently the most popular emulator in the industry and has excellent user reviews. The emulator is virus-free and reliable. BlueStacks is particularly known for its efficiency and speed. The download link to the emulator is available on the BlueStacks official webpage. As an alternative, you can also download Nox Player.
3. Once you have downloaded an emulator of your choice and set it up on your PC, launch it. You will find the user interface of the emulator to resemble that of an Android smartphone.
4. Go to the homepage of the emulator and open up the Google Play Store. You will be directed to a login page instantly. As you are accessing the store from your PC for the first time, this login step is mandatory here. If you have an existing Gmail account. you can use that or create a new one immediately.
5. After you have logged in to the store, you will be able to download any app from there. Go to the Search tab at the top of the window and search for Grindr.
6. The app will immediately appear as a search result. Click on the Install button next to the app icon. Grindr will be installed on your emulator. Click on the app icon to launch it and start chatting!
Key Features of Grindr
- Grindr looks out for profiles near you and displays them on your screen. Unlike regular dating apps, Grindr only shows your profiles that are near you as well as online at the time you are using Grindr. This greatly increases the chance of socializing with that person if you get a match.
- Grindr is a safe space for people where they can chat and share multi-media without having to worry about third-party infiltrations.
- You can filter your search according to age, location radius, and other parameters.
- If you are planning to meet up with the other person, you can share your live location in Grindr and make the process easier.
- Grindr will only show you profiles that have a display picture.