Snapchat is a great place to share your pictures or connect with your friends or family. Discover new people and find stories from around the world. All these features make Snapchat one of the most popular social media platforms in the world.
For this photogenic generation having an account on Snapchat is no brainer. So it is all the more annoying when you cannot use the app on your computer. Unlike Facebook or Instagram, there is no PC version of Snapchat available. But that is now a problem of the past, because we have the perfect solution for you.
Download Snapchat for PC(Mac)
- The app is available for free on App Store. So to install it on your device all you need is an emulator to help you.
- An emulator is an extremely helpful software. It allows you to replicate the interface of one device onto another. So you will be needing it if you want to replicate the interface of your iPhone or iPad onto your Mac.
- One of the most reliable emulators for a Mac user is iPadian. It is a free software developed by Apple for Mac. You can find an iPadian in the App Store. Head over there and get it for your PC.
- After installing the software, launch it. You would discover the interface to be identical to that of your iPhone or iPad. Visit the App store next to download Snapchat.
- But before doing that, you need to log into the App Store with your Apple ID and password. Once in, search for the app from the search box.
- All that is left to be done is to download and install the app.
Download Snapchat for Windows PC
- The app is not available for Windows OS. So while you will be finding Snapchat on Play Store you would not be able to get it, unless you follow these steps.
- The first tool you need is an android emulator. It would enable you to replicate the interface of your mobile onto your computer. This is a completely safe process and there is no need to worry.
- You prefer to use either Nox or Bluestacks for the purpose. We will be sticking with
Bluestacks for this operation. To download the emulator visit the official website of
- Install it on your computer once the download is out of the way. There should not be much inconvenience in installing Bluestacks. Note that, following the installation the software will seek your permission to restart your computer. This is a common occurence, so allow it.
- After the restart, Bluestacks is ready for use. So go ahead, launch it and search for the
Snapchat app from the search box.
- Download and install the app next and get started.
- Now you can login into it
Features of Snapchat for PC
- There is a high chance that you already know what the app does. Snapchat for PC is an app suited ideally for the modern generation. It is a fitting place to be in.
- No conversation about Snapchat can begin without discussing the feature of Snap. The app opens to the camera. Choose whether you want to click a picture or a video and upload. It is that easy.
- What makes Snapchat more interesting is its plethora of filters. Swipe along and select the filter you like whether the standard ones or something goofy. The new Geofilter finds out your location and can choose a filter with a monument perfect for the occasion.
- Alongside the multiple filters which are updated regularly, select Lenses while taking a snap. You will be amazed by the face tracking ability of the app. Whether you want to play around with your age or insert your 3D Bitmoji, there is no stopping.
- Snapchat is also a brilliant app to connect. Connect with your friends with the in-built feature of voice or video call. Host a group video call with upto 16 participants and apply any filter you want during the call. If you are too busy to accept a call, text them with the chat feature.
- Much like in Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp, Snapchat allows you to share a story. Upload any click and it would be visible for 24 hours. This is an innovative way to share.
- Share your GPS location with your friend or locate any place. If not that then head off into Ghost Mode where you won’t be found on map.
- With the pics being stored in a cloud space, there is no fear of ever losing your memories. Head back to them whenever you like, edit and share them among your closed ones.
When it comes to discovering the alternatives of Snapchat, there are usually some common suspects.
Facebook is the most popular social media platform in the world, with over 2.6 billion users. It is a great way to stay connected with friends and family. The app also serves a platform to host groups of people with similar interest. Apart from that you can react, comment and share on posts. Create live videos and upload stories. If bored go along and spend time playing games on the app. There is no limit to what it can achieve.
Another popular platform to share and connect. The app provides more security than Facebook and you can connect with people you know more decisively. Chat with them or host a video call there is no problem. The app also allows you to click pictures and apply multiple filters and then post it. You can use the app for private or professional use. It is a sleek and sophisticated app that comes closest to Snapchat.
Skype is the app that revolutionised video calling experience. We understand that the app is very similar to Snapchat in form. But if you are looking to connect with your family through voice or video calling, you cannot go much wrong with Skype. It allows you to host group or private video calls from anywhere and make international voice calls on telephones at very low rates.