This is a game which is a construction and management simulation video game. It has been developed by Blue Tongue Entertainment and co- published by Vivendi Universal Games. The game is based on the Jurassic Park series. This game was released for various platforms like Windows, Xbox and PlayStation 2.
The main goal of the game is to create a dinosaur theme park which is called Jurassic Park with a five-star rating. The development of this game began in 2001 and it went on for 22 months until the game was officially released in the year 2002.
- The game basically has a main objective which involves players creating an animal theme park with a five star rating which features dinosaurs.
- Feeding stations can be built where herbivores get bales of plant based food and carnivores get fed cows and goats.
- In order for the herbivores to be happy, they need to be around an adequate number of trees and dinosaurs that they can socialize with. Carnivores have a need to hunt other dinosaurs as they will not be satisfied with the livestock which is constantly offered to them.
- In order for players to create a dinosaur, they need to have 50 percent of the dinosaur’s DNA. The higher the DNA percentage is, the longer the dinosaur will live unless it dies from other unnatural causes. Players can obtain a dinosaur’s DNA by extracting it through fossils or amber. Fossil hunting teams can be sent by players to dig up fossils and amber from one of the nine sites present all over the world. The fossils of some dinosaurs can be found in multiple dig sites and the quality of a dig site can range from 6 different classifications which go from excellent to exhausted.
- There are valuable items which can be found and discovered to be sold for profit.
- Various attractions can be constructed like the Safari Adventure, Balloon Tour and Viewing Dome. Tons of amenities like restaurants, gift shops, resting areas and restrooms can also be made for visitors. Vaccines for the diseases which affect the dinosaurs must be researched before they are treated.
- The game has 10 missions that the players can complete which include clicking pictures where points are gained or even by working on dinosaur control missions where the player has to decide to retire the carnivores in order to protect the herbivores.
- After the missions have all been completed, players will be able to unlock the Site B mode that allows them to create an island that has no fences or buildings for people.
- There are no visitors allowed and the player can create upto 60 dinosaurs that are immune to diseases with up to 8 hatcheries.
- It is a game which is highly appealing and it is great for dinosaur buffs and park simulation fans.
- The game has an attractive graphics engine with great gameplay depth.
- This video game allows players to create and manage a dinosaur zoo.
- The aesthetics which were created in the Jurassic park films have been captured well and implemented in this game. The sounds and music that is necessary to provide the right feel for players has been done in an efficient way.
- Toshi is the engine which was developed for Operation Genesis as it supports powerful terrain rendering features.
How to download Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?
- Download the zip file and extract Jurassic Park Operation Genesis from the official site. You have to select the 32 or 64 bit version depending on the version of your game.
- Find the installation folder of your game by looking into game shortcut settings and finding the game in your Steam library list. Then click on properties.
- Go to local files and click on the browse files button which is present. Find the Jurassic Park Operation Genesis file and extract the downloaded x360ce zip file to the folder with your game executable file.
- Click on the x360ce exe file and select the Run as administrator option which is given.
- If you get a warning that appears, click create as this is just related to the proper functioning of the emulator.
- When x360ce informs you that a new device was detected, utilise the option which says search for settings from the internet and click on the next button.
- Once the installation process is completed, click Finish and hit the ‘auto’ button to let all the settings be stored and set to defaults. Confirm all the changes by selecting ‘yes’ in the popup window and hit save.
System Requirements –
- The CPU on your PC needs to be Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon 400MHz Processor.
- Ensure that the RAM on your PC has a minimum of 128 MB.
- The GPU needed is 16MB 640×480 at 16-bit color DirectX compatible 3D Accelerated Video Card.
- The Operating System has to be Windows 98/ME/2000/XP.
- Players need to have a minimum of 700 MB of hard disk storage space available.
Alternative Games –
- It is a dinosaur themed game which has been designed in a way where players can create it any way they want to.
- The game only has single player mode available.
- You can customize everything that is present in the game according to your personal preferences and liking.
- This is a game which challenges players to build various exhibits that increase the happiness of the dinosaurs that are there.
- Players can create and easily manage the park that they design.
- There are tons of challenges in the game which are related to catastrophes and the problems that every changing season brings.
Planet Coaster –
- Planet Coaster is a video game which involves construction and management which has been developed by Frontier Developments for Microsoft Windows.
- Players have full control over the way their theme park looks. This is applied even during the challenging modes where resources are restricted.
- The graphics in the game are similar to a cartoonish style and there is 3D gameplay which is available.