Want to know how to get iMessage on pc?
|Name:||iMessage for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
We have written the easiest guide to download iMessage for windows pc. Keep reading to know more.
iMessage is the default messaging tool for Apple users. The app is flexible with respect to usage. You can either choose to add your phone number to iMessage and make it your primary messaging option or simply use it over an Internet connection. Messages can be sent and received from all Apple devices including Macs and iPads.
While this app is strictly an Apple-user only messaging tool, you can still download it on your PC irrespective of the operating system. Follow the steps listed below to know more about the process.
How to Download iMessage for PC Windows?
Step 1. The only method to download Apple apps and tools is through an iOS emulator. The emulator duplicates the iPhone interface onto your PC. Thereafter, you can easily access the App Store from there and download any of the apps available there. You can also avail all of the other services Apple provides using the emulator such as Airdrop, Apple sensors, and navigators.
Step 2. The recommended iOS emulator is iPadian. iPadian is one of the most popular iOS emulators and is extremely fast and user friendly. You can also use MobiOne Studio or any other iOS emulator that you know of.
Step 3. After downloading the emulator, install it on your PC and launch it. You will find the interface of the emulator to be exactly like that of an iPhone. This is a sign that the emulator is working correctly. If not, repeat the steps with another emulator.
Step 4. The iMessage icon should be present on the home screen of your emulator by default. In case it is not there, you will have to download it from the Apple Store.
Step 5. Open the Apple Store and log in with a valid Apple ID. You will have the option to create one if you do not have an Apple account. Once inside the store, search for iMessage on the search toolbar on top of the window.
Step 6. iMessage will appear immediately as a search result. Click in the Install button next to it. The app will be installed and downloaded on your emulator.
Step 7. Locate the iMessage icon on the homepage of your emulator and launch it.
Step 8. Set-up your phone number and/or Apple account with iMessage and start messaging!
Key Features of iMessage
- iMessage offers more than just text messaging. Some of its features like Memoji are unparalleled in the messaging apps domain. Using the Memoji feature, you can create memes using your face. The meme will duplicate your facial expression. Thereafter, you can use such memes while texting a friend in iMessage.
- The app permits you to send audio and video files over message quite easily. You also have the option to share documents and text files.
- When you create memojis or use emojis, you can add the bubble effect to it. This will create a ‘screen flooding with bubbles’ kind of effect on the receiver’s screen.
- Another effect that is quite widely used is the full-screen effect. This effect creates an echo sensation on your screen along with spotlight animations.
- iMessage uses your phone’s camera whenever you want to click a snap and send it over. The pictures can be customized with loads of filters, face animations, stickers, memojis, and shapes. iMessage arguably has one of the best camera effects in the messaging niche.
- While replying to a message, you can react to it by long pressing on the message. A series of reactions including ‘like, dislike, funny, exclamatory and surprised’ will pop up. Press on either and send it over as a reaction.
- The handwritten message feature is the first of its kind. This feature works better if you have a stylus to assist you while writing a text.
Alternatives to iMessage for PC
Facebook Messenger is a very good alternative to iMessage as it is platform-independent. All you need to do is download it from either the Google Play Store or iOS App Store. If you are using a PC, you can access it directly from your Facebook profile.
Google Hangouts is a robust messaging tool that you can easily sync with your Gmail contacts. As a perk, you can audio and video call friends directly from the application.
WhatsApp and Skype are both extensively used for texting and catching up with people.