You must already be aware about the password recovery tool for Windows, Cain and Abel. When using multiple app, it is plausible to forget the password to some of those applications. That is the time when you will need a tool for decrypting and decoding algorithms.
|Name:||Cain and Abel for Windows PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
The app can recover your passwords for most offline programs and wireless connection as well. Apart from that it is a reliable source to detect any loopholes in your network device or computer. The app ensures a degree of protection to your device and is a brilliant tool to have for business professionals or individuals.
What is Cain and Abel?
The app is a password recovery tool that was created specifically for Windows OS. Often when using apps, we tend to forget the log in details to important websites. This leaves us stranded but Cain and Abel are equipped to recover our details from these frequently used apps. The app further displays the masked password so that you can remember it yourself the next time.
Cain and Abel use various methods like network packet sniffing, cracking password hashes and more to recover your password. The app is also beneficial for checking the encryption standard in your device. To ensure maximum security, it lets you know the strength of your passwords when you are setting a new one. And in more than one way can be used as a tool to test your device’s security from hacking. That makes it a necessary application for network administrators, forensic staff and security
Download Cain and Abel on Windows PC
- Finding the downloadable link for the app on the internet is not a difficult feat. You can click here to land on the downloading page of the app.
- The app has a small size and should be downloaded in a jiffy. After the download begins installation for the app.
- Cain is a password decoding app, while Abel is a Windows NT service. Therefore you will need to install two applications separately.
- An advice of warning- do not be alarmed if the app triggers your anti-virus software. This is a false trigger and there is nothing to be worried about.
- Once installed, launch the app and check its usage, Cain and Abel is ready for use.
- If you are worried about the requirements for the app, relax. It is a very forgiving app and is compatible with most devices.
- When using the app, do not be concerned about the version of your Operating System. The app can run on all Windows OS from XP and above.
- Cain and Abel is comfortable running on Windows 32-bit and 64-bit OS as well.
- A 2 GB of RAM space is sufficient for the app.
- Separate “Rainbow Tables” needs to be downloaded for the app.
How to use the app?
- Before you begin decrypting, you need to download “Rainbow Tables”. Depending on the rainbow table you have used, you can recover almost any password.
- After you have downloaded the table, launch the Cain app. Open Cracker tab and choose LM and LTM Hashes.
- You will find a blue Plus sign on the Cain toolbar. Click on it and ensure you have clicked on ‘Import Hashes from local system’ before clicking ‘Next’.
- After right clicking on your username, follow this chain Cryptanalysis Attack -> LM Hashes- > via RainbowTables (OphCrack).
- You need to select the folder for extracting the Rainbow Tables to. Select OK and Start to begin the process and wait until the password is recovered.
Features of Cain and Abel for pc
- There is more to the app than it lets on. Let us see how the app can be of help to you.
- Cain and Abel is a versatile decryption tool. It makes use of various techniques like
cryptanalysis, dictionary attacks to unearth passwords.
- The APR or Arp Poison Routing enables you a peek on switched LANs.
- It has a feature to analyze encrypted protocol. This allows you to analyze protocols like
SSH-1 and HTTPS.
- It has multiple filters that cover a wide range of authentication mechanisms.
- The app has the ability to record VoIP conversations and decrypt scrambled passwords.
- Wired Equivalent Privacy is an algorithm designed to give more protection to your data. This app has the ability to crack WEP.
- The app reveals masked passwords, cached passwords and dump storage passwords.
Recognized as one of the most popular network protocol analyzer, the app is a win. Wireshark comes with a large set of features that makes decoding and retrieving passwords a piece of cake. An impressive feature of the app is non-necessity of downloading Rainbow Tables. The app is supported on a host of Operating Systems and is a great friend to any forensic expert.
John the Ripper
Another popular name for decoding passwords and its user reviews justifies the app’s popularity. John the Ripper is a free app to download. The app has a simple interface, which makes accessibility greater. It is supported on Windows, Linux and Haiku platforms among many others. While limited in scope, the app specializes in decoding password and goes so accurately.
hashcat is a fast and efficient password cracker available on PCs. It is the app you will turn to when faced with the need to crack multiple hashes quickly and at the same time. The app supports distribution of cracked networks, hex salt and hex-charset, automated tuning and many more. It is also a worthy alternative if your needs are restricted to recover or decode passwords.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.